Sunday, August 1, 2010

Color Club - Twiggie

Today I have Color Club Twiggie. Twiggie is a light spring green creme.
I feel very "meh" about this color. I think I would like it better if my skin were paler than it is now - I tan extremely easily in the summer, even though I always wear sunblock. I will probably try this again in the spring to see if I like it better then.
Here it is outside, under late afternoon sun:
Basecoat: Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats, to hopefully avoid any chance of staining - for some reason greens tend to stain my nails more than any other color)
Color: Color Club Twiggie (3 coats)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat)

Application was really good. The consistency was just about perfect. My brush was a little wonky - it had a couple of bristles that stuck up more than the others. If it weren't for this I feel like this could have been a two-coater, but I had some unevenness caused by trying to work around the weird bristles, so I did a third coat.

I am tentatively planning to change my polish every night this week. We'll see how long that lasts :) I am on the hunt for a new HG topcoat also. I love Seche dearly, but I have used less than half of this bottle and I have already had to thin it with Restore twice. Today I went to Sally to pick up more acetone and another bottle of Restore, and they didn't have any Restore, and I didn't even see the spot on the shelf where it should have been. I picked up Out the Door and will be trying that soon. I'm also going to end up ordering a big bottle of Restore from Head 2 Toe, I think, but I want to wait until they have more of my lemming list in (these fall collections are going to kill my wallet!). I'm also breaking my color no-buy when the RBL pre-sale starts. Tudor England is my pet historical period (I've got an entire shelf in my library dedicated to it - some day I will put up picspam of my home office), so there was no WAY I was going to pass those up, even though I can't really see myself ever wearing Jane.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment