Sunday, August 29, 2010

Comparison: Orly Lunar Eclipse and OPI DS Magic

I read on the nail board that DS Magic might be a dupe for Lunar Eclipse. When I wore Lunar Eclipse I thought there was no way - I'd seen photos of DS Magic and they weren't close. Then I took my own photos, and realized, yeah, they could be dupes.

As with my Lunar Eclipse mani, I had trouble capturing the purple flash in both bottles. I can tell in the bottle that Lunar Eclipse seems to have a tiny bit more purple flash.


This is three coats of color with two coats of basecoat. They are pretty close, right? I have Lunar Eclipse on my index and ring fingers, and DS Magic on my middle and pinky fingers. Lunar Eclipse is a teeny tiny bit darker blue and has more purple flash, but otherwise they are dead dupes.

For polishes this unique this is as close as you will ever get to a dead dupe. You definitely don't need both of these unless you're collecting all the Orly Cosmic FX or DS polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment