Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Savina - Blue For You and haulage (oh, is there haulage)

Today I have Savina Blue For You. This is a light turquoise with slight shimmer. I though this was similar to Sinful's Mint Apple, but Mint Apple is a lot dustier and has more sparkle.
Here a couple different photos of this on the nail.

Basecoat: Gelous (1 coat)
Color: Savina Blue For You (3 coats)
Topcoat: Poshe (1 coat)

Application was a BEE-YOTCH. This polish is thick and goopy, and if that wasn't bad enough, the brush is terrrrible. I may try to rescue this with Seche Restore because this really is a pretty color. The shimmer is not very obvious on the nail. I actually thought this was going to be a brush-stroke-y nightmare but it wasn't that bad. Blue For You dries to a satin finish so you will want a topcoat unless that's the look you are going for. However, this polish does not self-level so if you want the satin look you'll need to be very careful in application. Cleanup was not too bad for as thick as this polish was, either.

On to the haulage. I'm cringing at the realization of how much I've acquired lately, y'all. I haven't even swatched any of it on my nail wheels.

Last weekend I went to Ulta. I was hoping to check a few polishes off my wish list since I'm technically on a no-buy except for what's on my list (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!). This is what I picked up.
On top is Ulta Black Diamond. This is a black base with fine multicolored glitter in it. I picked up the Essie Fall mini set (because AS USUAL, my Ulta has a FULL Essie display, except for the ONE color I wanted!), and I found a Butter London display. I didn't even know Ulta carries Butter London now, and I've never tried this brand, so I'm looking forward to it.

Here is a shot of just the Butter London polishes.
Left to right: Macbeth (reddish pink creme), Jaffa (pinkish coral), Victoriana (light blue-gray with silver shimmer), Henley Regatta (teal glitter).

Total Ulta haulage: 5 full size polishes, 4 minis
Items actually on wish list: 1 (Essie Sew Psyched - and I'll still pick up the full size if I see it)

Ulta also had an Orly Cosmix display up, but I already put in a Trans Design order when it popped up. This is my Trans Design haul.
This is the OPI Go Goth mini set. I used flash here because otherwise it all looks black. I was hoping to snag Unripened in the full size, but I didn't pounce on it when I saw it (as I'd already placed an order) and now it's gone. I know better than to think my Ulta will have this in the full size so I will have to hope the mini is enough for me!

More TD haul:
New York glitters: Chartreuse glitter (this is hideous, y'all - I can't wait to wear it), Angel Dream (silver glitter with round holo larger pieces), and Alpha Jewel glitter (holo glitter, clear base - ho hum).
OPI Swiss collection: Ski Teal We Drop, Cuckoo For This Color, The Color to Watch, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. Maybe I should have used flash for this photo, hmm.

Orly: Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, Lunar Eclipse, Galaxy Girl, Out of This World, It's Not Rocket Science

Total TD haul: 12 full size, 4 mini
Items Actually on my wish list: Everything was on it except for the three New York glitters, and all the minis except Unripened.

When I was shopping TD, they did not have the Misa Fall collection up, but Head 2 Toe did:
L to R: Spinning Out of Control, Like It Like That, It's You!, Color Club Covered in Diamonds, Quirky Smile, When U Say My Name, Embroidered Emerald

Everything in this haul was in my wish list.

Overall, I am thrilled with everything I got - usually when I haul I end up hating some of what I end up with. I don't care for some of the minis, but that's OK, because I know I'll also end up trying all of them. I admit I'm a little disappointed with Covered in Diamonds, because I couldn't wait for swatches to go up - I knew I wanted it when I saw the promos. If I'd seen swatches I probably would have passed on this one.

I also pre-ordered the RBL Fall collection, and I ordered two bottles of Milani Dress Maker, so I can check those off my list too. I actually think I am pretty well covered for everything on my wish list, at least until new collections release (I'm looking at you, OPI Burlesque and CG Awakening!)

New post tomorrow night - have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment