Sunday, August 15, 2010

Savina - Fabulous

Today I have Savina Fabulous. I am sure this brand is available somewhere, however, I've only ever seen it at Nordstrom Rack. I only had one Savina before I picked up this one and a few others last weekend. This is, uh, a neon pink with, um, iridescent glitter. I'm undecided.
Should have used flash on this photo. Oops. The glitter with the neon, I think, looks more interesting in the bottle than it does on the nail.
Outside, in late afternoon sun:
Basecoat: Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats)
Color: Savina Fabulous (3.5 coats)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (2 coats)

Application was. . . odd. Consistency was thin and streaky like a neon, except with glitter. Fabulous is thin for a neon, too - I have VNL after 3.5 coats. The glitter is more evident in the bottle than it is on the nail. I'm totally on the fence with this one. Texture was pretty chunky, too - I had to use 2 coats of Seche and I can still feel the glitter texture underneath. This polish dries matte (expected), so you need some kind of topcoat.

Going to a polish change/new post every night this week. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment