Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Essie - Haute as Hello


Today I have Essie Haute as Hello. I got this as part of a mini set - I was after Pretty Edgy, but my usual Ulta didn't have it in the full size. Of course, after I bought this I did find the full size bottle and bought it anyway.
Haute as Hello is a bright pastel orange. Very hard to describe color. On some blogs this looks neon, but it just looks like a bright pastel on me.

Basecoat: Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats - my nails are a little longer than usual right now, so I want to be careful while I decide whether to grow them or not)
Color: Essie Haute as Hello (3.5 coats)
Topcoat: Out the Door (1 coat)

Application was typical for an Essie. Nice formula, but prone to streakiness. I still actually have a tiny bit of VNL, but I'm the only one who notices it.

All that said, I really love this color. It's a nice bright summer color without being eye-searingly neon. I do love an eye-searing neon, but sometimes I want to tone it down some. I think I am going to buying the full size bottle of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment