Monday, August 2, 2010

Color Club - Chelsea Girl

Today I have Color Club Chelsea Girl. Chelsea Girl is a bright blue jelly. It has some neon as it dried matte.
Too dark when I finished this, so only a lightbox photo.
Basecoat: Gelous (2 coats, and I think this is still going to stain)
Color: Color Club Chelsea Girl (3.5 coats)
Topcoat: Out the Door (1 coat)

Application was a dream. Perfect consistency. At one coat I was afraid this was going to be a train wreck, but at two I knew I was going to love this. I went with three coats and an extra touchup where needed, mostly on the sides of my nails. I didn't have many bare spots, but the few times I got it on my skin I had a hard time taking it off, so I was a little too careful.

Chelsea Girl is probably now my second favorite true blue to Frostbite. This is truly a stunning color. It is a jelly but is pretty buildable. I still have VNL but the color is so pretty I don't even mind. I will say that cleanup was a little tougher than usual. I can normally get away with just the brush and acetone, but this stained enough that I also needed to use cotton wrapped around the end of an orange stick, soaked in remover.

This was my first time using both Gelous and Out the Door. Gelous looked gorgeous before I applied my color - smooth and glossy. I'm really only planning to wear this until tomorrow night, so I won't really have a chance to test wear. However, if it keeps Chelsea Girl from staining my nail beds, I'm a fan.

Out the Door is a really nice topcoat. It doesn't dry as fast as Seche, and it isn't as magically leveling, but the consistency is thin and it flows really well on the nail. Again, I'm not really going to have a chance to test wear this week, but I totally intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment