Sunday, June 27, 2010

Zoya - Kiki and Boots Wonderbalm

Today I decided to wear Zoya Kiki, even though I just got it, and test drive the Color Lock system.

Kiki is a bright almost neon pink that looks glass-flecked. It leans cool and has almost a blue flash to it. It is not as opaque as it could be, but the color payoff is worth it. I couldn't get great pictures inside, but that's OK because we have full sun today and THOSE pictures were great. Here it is inside:
This photo on the nail isn't that great but really captures the sparkle in the bottle. Here's another lightbox photo that is better on the nails:
Still kind of meh. Here's a photo inside, next to a window. I think this shows a little more of the base color and does a good job of showing the VNL (blech).
This is the payoff, though - here are a few from outside, under full sun.

Basecoat: Zoya Anchor (1 coat)
Color: Zoya Kiki (3 coats)
Topcoat: Zoya Armor (1 coat)

Application for Kiki was not so great. It was a little thick and a tiny bit gloppy. Cleanup was what you would expect from a glass flecked polish - you'll get better results if you're careful in the first place. Unfortunately, the very first nail I painted - I flooded my cuticle badly. Oh well.

Zoya Anchor is an awesome basecoat. I am on the fence about Armor. Obviously, I am way biased towards Seche, though. The application was "meh". I waited about ten minutes after m last coat of color but I still managed to pick up some pink on my Armor brush.

I'm dubious so far of the Color Lock system. I have major bubbles already, but Kiki is so sparkly I'm the only one who notices. I did use the Hurry Up drops, too. It's probably been 45 minutes since I used them but my polish still feels dent-able.

Moving on. While I was Target doing my grocery shopping yesterday, I came across Boots Wonderbalm. I picked up a jar after playing with the tester. It says you can use it on lips, elbows, and knees. I decided to use it on my cuticles post-manicure. I used it last night and again today and so far I really like it.

I got the Mediterranean Olive, Almond, & Sage flavor - I don't know if there are any other flavors. It has a slightly fruity fragrance to it, but it's very light and I barely notice it at all. It comes in a .84 oz glass jar. The texture is very light and silky, and it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin greasy at all. I think it is a little lighter than Solar Balm and less sticky.

That's about all for me - I have to go iron clothes before we head out to tonight's Rangers game. Look for a new post Tuesday night probably.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment