Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nubar - Geisha Blaze and 2010 with bonus picspam

I've been trying to wear older stuff from the untried pile before wearing anything too new.  I've only placed two Nubar orders - one when the Going Green collection came out, and the recent one.  Geisha Blaze has been in my stash since my first order, so I decided to wear it today with 2010 on top.  I took photos of just Geisha Blaze.  This is a pretty hot pink shimmer.  It is slightly sheer and I think it would take about four or five coats to totally eliminate VNL.  I left it at three because I decided before I even started that I was going to put 2010 on top.  Here is Geisha Blaze alone, under halogen light:
Inside, next to a window on a sunny day:
and outside, in full sun:
The shimmer in Geisha Blaze is more apparent in the bottle than on the nail.  This is almost work-appropriate, if your workplace has rules about nail polish, but may be a little too bright.  Here it is with 2010 on top, under halogen light.
Next to a window on a sunny day.  This was the best photo I got that shows the flakes off.
And here it is, outside in full sun.

Basecoat:  Nubar Foundation (1 coat)
Color:  Nubar Geisha Blaze (3 coats)
Color:  Nubar 2010 (1 and a half coats)
Topcoat:  Nubar Diamont (1 coat)

I had no application issues.  The consistency was really smooth, and cleanup was super simple.

Now for some bonus picspam.  This is my untried stash.  I may start changing my mani more often when I have time, because I am making no headway at all in this pile.  My Helmer wouldn't be full if I could get my untrieds down to one drawer (yeah, right).  This is my China Glaze and Zoya drawer:
This is my "almost everything else" drawer.  I have a lot of Sinful but there is a good bit of OPI, Orly, Sally Hansen in here.
This is my "overflow".  There is a lot of Color Club and Nubar in here, but I also have all my minis in here too.
And a bonus pic of my nail wheel pile.

I already have my next NOTD picked out.  I actually picked it out for today and sat down with it, only to realize that it was yellow, and I wore Sun Worshipper at the end of last week.  So, I'll probably put it on Tuesday instead.  It's another layer combo of something I've had for a while and something I've gotten recently.

For summer, I really love a neon pink on the toes.  Unfortunately, this means that every time I pick out a color for my hands, I think, "I might want to wear this on my toes soon."  Ugh.  I'll be changing my pedi this upcoming weekend, and I think I'll post pics of it, too.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment