Tuesday, June 15, 2010

China Glaze - Passion in the Pacific

Yep, decided not to wear the yellow combo I talked about last time. I think I'm going to change my polish again on Thursday since I'll have time - I'll wear it then.

China Glaze Passion in the Pacific is one of the oldest China Glazes I have in my untried stash. I really, really love both Turned up Turquoise and Custom Kicks, so every time I pick up Passion in the Pacific I mentally compare it to those two and think, "meh". I should have tried it sooner. Here are a variety of photos, all under halogen light, as it's too dark to go outside.

Basecoat: China Glaze Ridge Filler (1 coat)
Color: China Glaze Passion in the Pacific (4 coats)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat)

I probably could have gotten away with three coats if I had been more careful with application. The fourth coat was mostly to cover up streaks. Passion in the Pacific has a glowy shimmer I just could not capture with my camera. If I had sun, that might have helped. It reminds me a LOT of Frostbite - it has that same internal glow. The consistency of this polish was fairly thin, and I had a few problems with tiny bubbles, but again - I wasn't too neat in my application, and Seche Vite hides a lot of flaws.

I spent most of my day today trying to order my new iPhone. I started as soon as I got to the office at 7:30, and I finally got it ordered at 2:45 pm. What a beating. I can't imagine how AT&T/Apple weren't prepared for this. Anyway, by the time I left work I was in no mood for layered polish, so I went with this instead.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment