Sunday, June 6, 2010

Complete lack of restraint, or: Sally haul

Yeah, I was totally going to go to Sally just to pick up the cute fimo fruit slices.  Wasn't going to buy any polish.  Nope.



Lots of new displays out since the last time I was there.  I picked up these three Orly polishes:


Left to right  Oh Cabana Boy, Lola, Bailamos

These Nina Ultra Pro, from a "summer neons" display:



Top photo is In the Spotlight and Bubble Gums, bottom is Grin and Berry It and Say Cheese.  These are extremely similar to the Color Club Electro Candy collection.  I tried to capture it but couldn't - Grin and Berry it has the same greenish/blue shimmer that Ultra Violet is.  My first impression of these is that the base colors are a little more saturated than the Electro Candy colors, but I would have to do a comparison to know for sure.  I'll dig out the Electro Candy colors I have and swatch them next weekend.

I also got these Finger Paints:


Lucky in Love Lime, and Love at First Bright.  One Savvy :


Green with Envy.  REALLY?  You couldn't think of a better name than THAT?  I probably have three different "Green with Envy"s in my stash, if not more.  Also, that is a LOT of glass in that bottle.

My first Sally Girls.  I put these on my nail wheels two to a nail.  I didn't really feel like I could get a full nail done and still have some left for a mani:

I picked up a HaKen cuticle oil in Vanilla Almond.  All of these "flavors" were reduced to $3.49.  Last but not least, I picked up the nail art I went there for:
Two packs of the Fruit Salad, and one "Flirtini".  I would LOVE to try these out now, but I'm not going to have time to change my polish this week.  I'll wait on that until next week probably.

While I was out searching for a Pina Colada Slurpee, I stopped in at a CVS in search of the ever elusive Hidden Treasure.  Didn't find it (of course), but I did see the entire new HD polishes in a full display.  None of them really captured my attention, so I passed on them.  I'm sure I'll see a swatch on some blog later that will totally change my mind, and then I won't be able to find any of them.   I also saw the display for the Milani Liquid Metals, but only the blue one was left, so I passed on that.  This CVS had a clearance basket, so I rummaged though it and found - freaking Opulent Cloud.  I searched high and low for that polish for months, and finally found it at a Kroger.  I bought the two they had, and this bottle was the third I've seen in person.  Unreal.  I'm convinced Hidden Treasure will never be mine.  I think Nfu Oh 38 and Nubar 2010 are both dupes, and I have them both, but it still stings, you know?  Maybe it's the thrill of the hunt or something :)

Working on this week's mani now - will post that later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment