Sunday, June 20, 2010

OPI - Jade is the New Black and Nfu Oh 55; Color Club Warhol

This is another layering mani to use up two untrieds at once. It actually turned out a LOT better than I expected, and I'll definitely wear this one again, but in the fall. It's not really a "summer" type color combo. OPI Jade is the New Black applied beautifully and the color is gorgeous. Here it is under halogen light:
This was three coats but if I had been careful it would have been a two-coater easily. Here it is with Nfu Oh 55 over the top, under halogen.
You can see that in the bottle that 55 is a green glitter with copper flakes. The base is either clear or very, very sheer green - Jade is the New Black is dark enough on its own that I can't really tell. Here it is next to a window on a sunny morning.
And here it is outside, in full sun.
Basecoat: OPI Ridge Filler (1 coat, could have gone with straight base coat, but I'm afraid this will stain)
Color: OPI Jade is the New Black (3 coats)
Color: Nfu Oh 55 (2 coats)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat)

I put this on last night. As of right now I only have the tiniest bit of tip wear, but my in-laws are coming over this afternoon, so I've been cleaning all morning.

My Rangers are home this week, starting on Tuesday. My tentative plan is to do a new mani and post on Monday night, and I will be working at home on Thursday, so I plan to do another Thursday. I already have my colors picked out, too.

On to Color Club Warhol.

I changed my pedi yesterday also. It is another one from the Poptastic collection - Warhol. This is a super bright, neon hot pink. I would say it is almost a creme but is just the slight bit jelly-ish. Indoors, the neon is not as obvious as it is outside. I only took outside pictures.

I had pulled out China Glaze Pool Party to wear on Monday, but as I was gathering my polishes I saw that it is almost identical to Warhol in the bottle. I will do a comparison swatch of these when I have time.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment