Monday, June 7, 2010

Sinful - Folly and Milani - Pink Out Loud

I wrote this last night but Blogger was being obnoxious and I couldn't post until this morning.  Now that I've seen this in the sunlight I think it's almost a dead dupe for China Glaze Strawberry Fields.  There is a tiny bit less gold sparkle in this mani, though.

A good way to go through the "untried" pile faster is to layer polishes.  I did it again tonight, except I didn't realize it would look so similar to CG Red Curl Girl, which I wore last week.  Oh, well.


Basecoat:  CND Stickey (1 coat)
Color:  Sinful - Folly (3 coats)
Color:  Milani - Pink Out Loud (2 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)

Another photo, blurry on purpose to show the sparkle in Pink Out Loud:



This is nice and sparkly.  Again, it's very similar to Red Curl Girl, but it is definitely a touch pinker.  It's particularly annoying because the Texas Rangers are home and playing Monday-Thursday, and since I have season tickets, I'll be out at the ballpark all week.  Unless I work at home a day, I won't have time to change my manicure until next weekend.  So, not only am I wearing something very similar to what I wore last week, I'll be wearing it all week long, too.  Blah.

As has been my experience with Sinful cremes, I had some application issues.  Folly was a bit gloopy and definitely a bit streaky, but Pink Out Loud is just dense enough and its base pink color is just opaque enough to cover it.

This is pretty, but my overall feeling is "meh".  I probably should have gone with a neon or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment