Tuesday, June 8, 2010

China Glaze - Sun Worshipper and a Summer Days comparison

I slept through my alarm this morning and ended up working at home, which meant I had time to change my polish this week after all.  Before I took off my previous mani I decided to swatch Strawberry Fields next to it, since I thought it looked very similar.  As I was looking for my bottle of Strawberry Fields I came across Raspberry Festival and decided to swatch that too.  As it turns out, it was much closer to Raspberry Festival.

Index finger is the Sinful - Folly and Milani - Pink Out Loud combo from Sunday.  Middle finger is Strawberry Fields, ring finger is Raspberry Festival, pinky is Folly/Pink Out Loud.  SF is sheerer than my combo, but has more gold sparkle.  RF is redder but is very, very close to my combo.  I can't imagine that you would be able to get your hands on Folly and Pink Out Loud and couldn't get your hands on either of these China Glazes, but if for some reason that's the case, this is a reasonable duplicate. 

I decided to give Sun Worshipper another try today, and I am glad I did.  I did the white basecoat trick first.  Here it is inside, next to my office window:


There is still a tiny bit of VNL, but this color is so vibrant you hardly notice it.  Since I'm home during the day today, I went outside:


YOWZA!  This is so, so bright!

Basecoat:  China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (1 coat)
Color:  China Glaze White on White (2 coats)
Color:  China Glaze Sun Worshipper (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)

That's probably it for me until this weekend.  I hope to do a comparison with the Nina Ultra Pro summer neons I got this weekend and the Color Club Electro Candy collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment