Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Orly - Gumdrop

This is Orly Gumdrop. It's the Orly that has been in my untried stash for the longest time, though I have Orlys that are probably older. From older collections, definitely.

I don't tend to buy a lot of Orly polishes because I find the consistency is usually pretty thick and annoying to apply. Gumdrop was no different.
Basecoat: Orly Ridge Filler (1 coat)
Color: Orly Gumdrop (3 coats)
Topcoat: Poshe (1 coat)

I think it's funny that the photo shows VNL, because it's definitely not visible in real life, at ALL. This is an interesting color. I think it is dustier than For Audrey and Mint Candy Apple, but not as dusty as Dirty Sexy Money. I actually like this color, and I didn't like DSM - so much so that I gave my bottle to my mother. I'm not sure that it goes well with my summer tan - the picture looks OK but in real life it makes my hands look washed out.

I feel like if the formula had not been quite as thick I could have gotten opaque coverage in two coats, but I needed three. As thick as this polish is, I have no bubbling at all, which is fantastic. I still have some not-level parts, but I don't think it would have been an issue if I had used Seche instead of Poshe. I almost want to do a minty green comparison but I don't have any colors I haven't already seen swatched a million times next to all the other minty greens :)

I'm planning to change my polish again tonight - maybe something super-bright. I've been posting this week from work and taking the photos the night before, though, so I think I'll be limited by time - I don't want to deal with needing a white base coat. I'm thinking about Nubar Hot Orange, but my toes are China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, and I think that would clash too much. I've seen swatches of Hot Orange that look nice and opaque and others that look like it needs a white base, so we'll see.

It's Employee Appreciation day at my company. Last year, they let us leave at 2:30. I'm hoping they do it again today - I need to make an Ulta run to pick up some things. If I can avoid dragging my ever-patient husband with me, I will. I'm still on a polish no-buy with the exception of my wish list, so I'm hoping to pick up at least one of those.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment