Monday, July 12, 2010

Color Club - Explosive

This is more like it for a summer mani.
Explosive reminds me of China Glaze Sun Worshipper, except I think Sun Worshipper is a little more neon. If I have time I'll compare them this weekend. Explosive is one of my older untried Color Clubs. I did a swatch of this and determined that I needed to use a white base, but I'm not sure that I would do it again - I have major tip pulling that was evident before I even went to bed. I might just live with the VNL next time.

Basecoat: Salon Science Instant Artificials (1 coat)
Color: Wet N Wild French White (2 coats)
Color: Color Club Explosive (3 coats)
Topcoat: Color Club Vivid Color Intensifying Topcoat (1 coat, worthless - would skip it next time)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat)

Application was pretty difficult - Explosive was thin and runny. I had a hard time controlling it well. Lots of cleanup was needed. As I said earlier, I have major tip pulling with this and I'm probably going to take it off tonight. I do like the color, though I think it is a little streakier than Sun Worshipper. I accidentally applied it pretty thick in a few spots, but I don't have any bubbles at all, so that's pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment