Friday, July 2, 2010

Milani Hi-Res

Chrla wore very well. I had only a tiny bit of tip wear, and it might be because I slapped on a coat of Seche before I went to bed. When I took it off I had light staining, but a cursory buffing got rid of it with no problems. I'll definitely wear it again, but I would probably use the ridge filler basecoat to try to prevent that.

This is Milani Hi-Res, from the 3D Holographic collection. I wanted something that was going to dry quickly and apply well. I thought about going with a neon instead but I didn't feel like dealing with streaks.
The holo in Hi-Res is the type that comes from the individual glitter pieces being holographic, not that they show any discernable pattern. This is pretty similar to China Glaze IDK (I think, it's in my untried pile), but the holo pattern isn't as defined. If I have time Sunday I will swatch IDK and do a comparison.
Basecoat: China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (1 coat)
Color: Milani Hi-Res (3 coats)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat)

Inside, this looks like a light to medium purple with silver micro glitter. There is almost no holo in this indoors. Application was pretty standard for a holo - I had to be careful about bald spots and drag, but it wasn't too bad.

Tomorrow I am going to a bicycle maintenance class at REI, then the Rangers game, so I am not going to have time to do another post then. I am planning to do a new mani Sunday. If I have the right nail art (I need to look through my stash) I am going to do a patriotic one, but I'm not going to go out and buy more nail art just for that. So, it'll be a surprise what comes up on Sunday. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment