Monday, July 5, 2010

OPI - Red Hot Ayers Rock

I went outside the "untried" this week, since I'm not going to be able to change it until Sunday. Red Hot Ayers Rock is the only polish for which I have a backup bottle. I love, love, love this color. Despite its name, it isn't a true red - but it almost is. It's a hot orange-coral shade. When I put it next to my pinks, it looks red, when I put it next to my reds, it looks pink. This is a really difficult color to capture accurately on my camera.

Inside, no flash:

Inside, with flash:

See? Looks red. Outside, these are probably the most color accurate photos I was able to get. This is in full sun.
Basecoat: OPI Ridge Filler (1 coat)
Color: OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock (3 coats)
Topcoat: OPI Top Coat (1 coat)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 coat - only because I have laundry to be done before 5 - I didn't want to risk denting this)

Pardon my mess - obviously, I didn't clean up my cuticle oil off my polish as well as I thought I had. Application was a dream. It was a tiny bit thick, but nice and opaque and I didn't really have any problems controlling it. I went three coats but I could have gotten away with two.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment