Thursday, September 29, 2011

Borghese - Stellare Notte

Here's another one from the "how has this been untried so long?" file:  Borghese Stellare Notte.  This is a black base with tons of duochrome shimmer. 
(Hello, awkward bottle shape!)

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  Borghese Stellare Notte (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)




So far I've noticed both a distinct purple shimmer and a teal shimmer.  So pretty!

I'm going to take a pass on the part of the post where I usually talk about application.  Why?  I really, really hate the Borghese brush.  It's all of the super-wideness of the SH Insta-Dri brush, with an awkward cap shape and a really short stem.  AND - the neck of the bottle is super long, so I had real problems both polishing and judging the amount of polish I had on the brush.  I will say that cleanup was really good, which is great, because I got this all over my fingers.  I hate this bottle and brush so much I actually decanted it right after I took these photos.  It's easily my least favorite bottle and brush (though I haven't tried the Nicole "new" brush, which might give it a run for its money, since I already hate those bottles, too).

Opacity was really good - without the stupid brush I might have gotten away with two coats, but I needed three since I made such a mess of it.  This is a gorgeous color and I'll definitely be wearing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment