Friday, September 16, 2011

Icing - Blackout

Blackout is a polish I wanted for a long time, and when I finally found it, I let it sit in my untrieds for way too long.  Blackout is a black jelly base packed with holographic glitter.

Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color:  Wet N Wild Black Creme (2 coats)
Color:  Icing Blackout (2 coats)
Topcoat:  Out the Door Northern Lights (silver holo - 2 coats)





I actually applied Blackout on its own.  I got to four coats before I decided it was not going to be as opaque as I wanted without at least a couple more coats, and it was already 9 pm.  So, I took it off, and started over with two coats of Black Creme.  Black Creme is a super pigmented glossy black creme.  I actually told my husband I wish I'd known about Black Creme back in my goth days, it's that smooth and glossy.  But - it stains skin like whoa and was so creamy that anywhere I got it in my cuticles, it was staying there.  I took these photos the morning after I applied and you can still see some Black Creme hanging out there.

I probably could have stopped with just one coat of Blackout.  But the glitter looked so stunning against the deep black that I added another coat, and then I used the Northern Lights silver holo topcoat on top of it.

Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. OMG so weird, I did a mani just like this literally a couple of days ago, except I used ChG Cosmic. However, I was unhappy with it (not enough holo) and ended up putting a holo topcoat on it. What a freaky coincidence. Mani twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience with Cosmic! I remember seeing comparison swatches with Blackout and Cosmic and figured Blackout was the one I really wanted :)

    ReplyDelete