Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chanel - Peridot

Here's one we've all seen a bajillion times - Chanel Peridot.  This is a gold/green duochrome metallic.  I was on the fence for a long time regarding Peridot - I couldn't decide if I wanted it or not.  Some photos were fabulous and others were just "meh".  My husband, the enabler, said "just buy it anyway, if you hate it, ebay it".


Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  Chanel Peridot (2 coats!)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)


Gorgeous, right?  Still, this polish seems to be - on me, anyway - mostly gold.  The green is not nearly as prominent as it is in the photos, mostly because I don't walk around with my hand in front of my face so I can see it. 

This polish nearly applied itself - it was that nice.  Went exactly where I wanted it, minimal cleanup, opaque and smooth in TWO coats!  It is a tiny bit brush-stroke-y, but I think a lot of polishes this metallic will have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment