Tuesday, September 6, 2011

China Glaze - Reggae to Riches

Reggae to Riches has been in my untrieds for quite a while.  Someone on the Nail Board posted a swatch of an old, old L'Oreal - Sea Violette - that I used to have back in the day.  Reggae to Riches isn't a dupe, but the really strong blue flash reminded me of Sea Violette, so I pulled it out of the stash.  Reggae to Riches is a purple jelly with a very strong blue flash and shimmer.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  China Glaze Reggae to Riches (4 coats)
Topcoat:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (1 coat)



This polish was thin, runny, and sheer.  It ran *everywhere* - it's been a while since I made that much of a mess painting my nails!  However, cleanup was really easy, so it wasn't that big of a deal.  I did need four coats to cover up streakiness, but again - this is a thin polish, so it wasn't too bad.  It's not totally opaque, either, but you have to look pretty close to see VNL at four coats.  I had a hard time capturing the blue flashes.  I was actually disappointed when I finished applying this polish, because I was just not seeing the blue flashes visible in the bottle.  It wasn't until I was outside at night under very strong lights that the blue really came to life.

I did have some bubbles, but I also applied this very late in the day, when I had to be somewhere right after work, so I'm faulting my application there, and not the polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment