Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pop beauty - Violetta

Violetta is a screaming neon purple jelly.

Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Instant Artificials (1 coat)
Color:  Pop Beauty Violetta (3 coats)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)



This was a difficult polish to capture accurately.  I don't usually like to use flash for my photos but the one I accidentally used flash for actually came out pretty well - if you click to embiggen you'll see the VNL present.

I have a few other Pop polishes - I recently wore Turquoise but I didn't post about it because I wore it on my toes.  I have two others that aren't creme/jellys so I don't know that the application will be identical for all of them.

That said:

Application was AWESOME.  Amazing.  Violetta, like Turquoise, is thick but not goopy - almost gel-like.  Super easy to control, went exactly where I wanted, self-leveled, everything.  The only thing I'm not crazy about is the VNL.  If you like the jelly look you can easily get away with two coats - I did three before the VNL was somewhere I felt like I could live with.    The color is lighter and a little less intense than Sinful "Dream On", but they're close-ish.

Violetta dries to a satin finish like most neons.  It did stain my skin where I wasn't super careful, but it wasn't too bad at all.

I'll definitely be buying more Pop polishes if they all apply like this one.  I have one shimmer I'll post when it gets cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment