Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nubar - Violet Sparkle

Violet Sparkle is a vivid purple glitter.


Basecoat:  Nubar Foundation (1 coat)
Color:  Nubar Violet Sparkle (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Gelous (2 coats)
Topcoat:  Nubar Diamont (2 coats)

Yes, that's four coats of topcoat.





For a polish this packed with glitter it wasn't that hard to apply.  It was pretty opaque in three coats.  I have some spots where I can see bare nail (if you look closely at the free edges of my ring finger and pinky, there's bare spots there), but I'm probably the only one who notices.  Even though my camera seems to have problems with purples, these photos are not too far off - in real life it is a tiny bit redder.

So, four coats of topcoat.  This is a topcoat-eater at its worst.  I used one coat of Gelous and one of Diamont on my nail wheel swatch and it seemed to do absolutely nothing.  The night I put this on I used two coats of Gelous and one of Diamont and that seemed to do the trick.  However, the next morning I definitely needed another coat of Diamont.  I have no shrink at all, which surprises me.  I do expect that when this chips it's going to chip in a big way.

You can forget cleanup with this one, too - Violet Sparkle laughs at your acetone.  My gap is not as nice as I like it to be, and I ended up picking tons of glitter off my skin.

In the sun, though, this is SOOOO worth it.  This is awesome, and I can't wait to wear the rest of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment