Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Butter London - Bluey

Bluey is a medium blue-green with tons of shimmer.  When I first saw swatches of Bluey it was love at first sight, and then when I actually got it I was "meh" on it.  When I was applying it I was in love again, but once it was all done I'm still undecided.


Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color:  Butter London Bluey (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Sally Hansen Insta Dri (1 coat)



Pardon my heinous tipwear and the chip on my index nail - amazingly, we've had two days in a row of overcast, cloudy skies, so these photos are from the third day of wear.

Bluey had the typical Butter London application - that is, it's damn near flawless.  Cleanup wasn't too bad even for as dark a polish as this is.  I saw a recent swatch of this polish last night (I'm way too far behind on my nail blog reading) - and that post said there was a gold shimmer to Bluey, but I could not see it or capture it at all.  I do get tons of teal from it, though.

The thing is, even though Bluey is undeniably pretty I just can't convince myself that this polish is all that unique - I have an untried Nina Ultra Pro (called Un-Teal You or something like that), that I think would look pretty similar to Bluey.  Still, the application is a huge win, so even if it turns out to be a complete dupe, I'm keeping this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment