Thursday, September 22, 2011

China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

Ruby Pumps is a red jelly packed with red glitter.  It's definitely been worn and loved by me before.  I didn't wear this because I couldn't decide what to wear - I picked it because it's one of the jersey colors worn by my beloved Rangers, whose magic number to clinch the AL West is currently 3.  Since I'm a season ticket holder, I'll be at the ballpark all this weekend, hopefully to watch a dogpile on the field as they celebrate.  Anyway - on with the polish.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  China Glaze Ruby Pumps (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)



First of all, I ran out of stockpiled posts, so I'm actually posting this the same day I applied this - and there's no sun in my area today (for once).  The last photo is under a desk lamp.

I don't know how old my bottle is, but I know I've had Dorothy Who? for at least a year, if not longer, and I had Ruby Pumps WAY before that.  My bottle REEKS, y'all.  It actually reminded me of Kleancolors, it smelled so bad.

Anyway, this application was awesome - not too runny, not too thick, no bald spots, nothing.  Cleanup didn't even suck that bad - sure, I had some glitter left on my skin but it wasn't superglued there like some other glitters tend to be.

I actually debated between this and Nubar Fire Sparkle, which is untried, but I just didn't want to mess with that much topcoat today.  I thought about Orly Star Spangled, which is usually my go-to Rangers Red, but decided I've already shown that a couple of times on the blog, so I went with Ruby Pumps.  If I do a playoff manicure I'll probably go with Nubars, but if the Rangers don't pull their heads out soon it won't matter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment