Thursday, November 18, 2010

OPI - Catherine the Grape and Movin' Out

Here is another layered manicure. I knew Movin' Out was not going to be opaque in three coats, so I layered Catherine the Grape under it. I test swatched Catherine the Grape a couple of days ago so I knew I could get away with just one coat.
Catherine the Grape a dusty purple shimmer. To be honest, I think it's kind of a Mom Color.
Here is Catherine the Grape with two coats of basecoat and one coat of color. If I wanted to wear this as a full mani I'm sure I could make it work with just the one coat.
Movin' Out is a sheerish purple multichrome with red microglitter and tons of shimmer.

Basecoat: China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (2 coats)
Color: OPI Catherine the Grape (1 coat)
Color: OPI Movin' Out (3 coats)
Topcoat: David (1 coat)

Movin' Out had a little bit of a difficult application. It's sheer and runny, plus it's a black label OPI, so it smelled, too. The color payoff is totally worth it. I had a hard time capturing the multichromeness of this polish. It is way more evident in the bottle than it is on my nails, but hopefully I'll get to see it outside. I'm for sure going to hoard my bottle jealously!

No comments:

Post a Comment