Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nude-ish skittles

I recently started working at home full time. I still have the same job as before, I just don't go in to the office anymore unless I have a meeting that needs to be face-to-face. As a result, it's getting harder to motivate myself to polish. So, this morning I decided to pull out a bunch of nude-ish taupe-y colors to skittle them. I've been having a hard time finding one I like, because I am Latina with olive undertones to my skin, and my summer tan hasn't faded. In the dead of winter I'll be super pale and I don't expect this to be as much of a problem as it has been.

All of these are with no basecoat or topcoat.
On my right hand, I have (from index to pinky): Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, Confetti Moonstruck, Essie Hot Coco, and Milani Dress Maker (yeah, so it's not a nude or taupe - what are ya gonna do about it?)

Here's a terrible shot of my thumb, where I've got on Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac. Should have done the cuticles first - yuck!

Every one of these except Hot Coco is four coats, y'all. Moonstruck covered the best - I can still see either VNL or streaks with the other three. And, my fourth coat of Mystic Lilac was pretty thick.

As far as color, I think Moonstruck is my favorite one on me. I loooove Mystic Lilac but I think it looks like ass. Too bad, because I bought a backup bottle, too. I'm thinking these will all get marked "tried" in my spreadsheet but I'll be more likely to pull them out later in the winter, too.

Here's my right hand. Pardon my craptastic photos - I'm so right handed it hurts.

Index to pinky: Milani Bare in Mind, Milani Bare to Wear, Rimmel Steel Grey, Chanel Nouvelle Vague.

And here I have on Sally Hansen Concrete.

The Milanis and the Rimmel are four coats, Nouvelle Vague and Concrete are three coats.

Bare in Mind *just* misses being my perfect "mannequin hands" shade. It's a little bit too pink and too light, but wow it's close. I love Nouvelle Vague much more than I thought I would - I typically have trouble wearing mint greens and baby blues, but I really like this one. Concrete might be a little too purplish for me to wear right now - it and Steel Grey will be "wear em again later this winter" shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment