Thursday, August 11, 2011

Savina - Envy

With a name like Envy, you would think this is a green polish.


Well, you'd be wrong.

Basecoat:  NailTek Foundation II (1 coat)
Color:  Savina Envy (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)




The third photo is probably the most accurate, color-wise.  Still, this comes across like a screaming neon pink, but it isn't really.  It's no ChG Pool Party or Essie Punchy Pink.  But it is extremely bright pink.  Application was about typical for a neon - a little bit draggy, and dried matte.  I have a little bit of VNL but it's not visible in real life.  I actually put on WnW French White Creme under this at first, but quickly decided Envy didn't need a white basecoat.  

I didn't post about this the day I put this on, because it was dark when I finished.  So I have a tiny chip in my index finger, because I was working on a cross-stitch before I took my photos.  That is something I noticed about this polish - I have a few Savinas, but this is the first neon I've tried.  It chipped like crazy - shortly after I took these photos I went out to run errands and looked down and half my thumbnail's polish had come off in one big chip.  

Still, I'd definitely wear this again if I wasn't planning to wear it very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment