Sunday, August 7, 2011

Icing Mood Swing - Serene/Stormy

This one was sort of a fail, but not for the usual reasons.  Serene/Stormy is a mood polish that is a gorgeous purple with teal shimmer for the cool color (it actually reminds me a lot of RBL Scrangie), and a teal shimmer when warm.


Basecoat:  NailTek Foundation II (1 coat)
Color:  Mood Swing Serene/Stormy (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)



Application actually was not all that great for this polish, but it might be better with a different basecoat like Gelous.  It was a little thick and gloppy, but nothing too bad.  But that isn't the fail part.

The fail part is that it's 110 degrees outside in Dallas.  I could not get the cool color, at ALL.  I saw it while I was applying, but that's it.  Even though my nails are long enough that I should have some cool at the tips, it's just too darn hot.  I tried running it under the cold tap in the bathroom, but I guess I forgot that there's no cooling system for the water, so you really just have hot and hotter water.

I'm calling this a fail for now but I'll definitely be trying it again in the fall or winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment