Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Color Club - Wink, Wink, Twinkle and Starry Temptress

Here we go with another Starry Temptress glop.


Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color:  Color Club Wink, Wink, Twinkle (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Color Club Starry Temptress (2 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (2 coats)


OK.  Last time I posted about one of the Starry Temptress polishes, I said the formula was super gloppy and thick.  So I thinned the crap out of this one, and it was a HUGE difference in application.  Much, much, better - I'll probably thin the rest before I wear them.  I also thinned my Starry Temptress topcoat, but it didn't seem to do much good.  Also, I probably could have stopped at one coat of Starry Temptress, but I went for two anyway.

And, I had just finished thinning a bottle of Seche Vite where I'd combined the last dregs of an ancient bottle to my about halfway full current bottle.  I was hoping one coat would be sufficient, but it wasn't - I should have used the Gelous/Seche topcoat sandwich, but I didn't.  So, all these coats + two coats of Seche Vite = heinous tip pulling.  I actually took these photos the day after I applied them - no matter how easy cleanup is for a glitter polish, I always have some stray glitter stuck to my skin that only comes off in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment