Friday, August 19, 2011

Icing - Orange shimmer mini


I picked up this Icing mini set probably a year ago or more.  All of the polishes have a barely visible shimmer, and all of them are fairly opaque.  I wouldn't call any of them neons, but they are definitely bright polishes.  This set contained a blue, apple green, yellow, and orange.  I'm sure it probably had at least one other color, but I've forgotten since.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  Icing orange shimmer (3.5 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)



This polish was pretty thick - possibly because it had been sitting in my untried drawers for a while.  It was opaque but still streaky.  I used 3.5 coats because I thinned it right before my third coat, and so the .5 is to cover up any remaining bald spots.  The shimmer doesn't really come across either in my photos or in real life.  Still, this is a nice color - again, it's not quite neon, but it's definitely bright.  I have a noticeable drop in bottle level, which I don't usually notice in mini bottles of this size.  That's disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment