Friday, August 5, 2011

OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape

This one technically is not an untried - at least it's not in my untried Helmer drawers (yes, I have four untried drawers).  However, I don't remember ever having worn this polish, and it certainly hasn't been recently.  I actually pulled out Mermaid's Tears and was considering wearing it until I decided it was just another dusty mint green that was going to look awful on me, especially this time of year.  Then I thought of GGG, and to be honest, I couldn't remember if I owned this or not.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  OPI Gargantuan Green Grape (5 coats!)
Topcoat:  Out the Door (1 coat)


GGG is fairly thin in consistency.  I had some problems with streaking, and this is not really what I would consider an opaque polish.  I went to five coats and called it good, even though I still have some VNL, and on my right hand I still have some bald-ish spots.  I also have some bubbles, but that might be because I had a fan running in the room I was working in.  Because this polish was so watery I had no problems at all with cleanup - it was a breeze.

By the way, when I had Mermaid's Tears out, I compared it to Hey!  Get in Lime.  They're actually pretty close, but I'm not going to compare them - I'm sure someone's already done this one.

2 comments:

  1. its a pretty color,,, but since you said it took you 5 coats,, i think that is way to much for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still a really pretty color. If you're not allergic to visible nail line (like I am), you might be okay with it. Still, it's a pretty thin polish, at least my bottle is, so five coats wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete