Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ulta - Material Girl

I was undecided on what to wear today. Someone on the nail board posted pics of this, and I remembered I had it in my untrieds. This is a berry shimmer with holo glitter.
I'm not gonna lie - application was pretty terrible.

Basecoat: Salon Sciences Instant Artificials (1 coat)
Color: Ulta Material Girl (3 coats)
Topcoat: Gelous (1 coat)
Topcoat: Seche Vite (1 thick coat)

Material Girl is pretty but the application is awful. Thick and goopy, and as you can tell, it's a topcoat eater. At two coats I knew I was going to have to use the Gelous, then Seche trick I first saw on Scrangie's blog, and guess what? As you can tell from the photos, it didn't work. This is still bumpy to the touch and looks it.

That said, this is a pretty polish and I'm still probably going to wear it again. Other application issues aside, I probably could have gotten away with two coats for this, but I tried for a thin second coat and had some dragging, so I had to use a third coat to even it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment