Friday, December 10, 2010

NARS - Zulu

Zulu is not my usual kind of polish - I am allergic to VNL so I typically avoid jellies. However, I gave in to the hype and picked up both Zulu and Midnight Express.

Zulu is a deep green jelly. I could NOT get it to show up as anything other than black in my bottle photos.

Basecoat: Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats)
Color: NARS Zulu (3 coats)
Topcoat: David (1 coat)

Application was LOVE. The first coat was a little streaky, the second coat was almost right, and the third coat evened everything out perfectly. This polish is so dark t hat I have no VNL at all.

The part I didn't love was that it looks black. I tested this under three different kinds of light indoors and it looked black in all of them. Also, cleanup sucked, and I'm totally going to have jealous smurf fingers when I take this off.

The verdict: Worth the hype. I'll probably save this to wear when I know I'm going to be outside for a while. I think Midnight Express will be the same, though I haven't worn it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment