Sunday, December 26, 2010

Franken - Black No. 1

I gave in to the dark side and I finally made a franken, simple as it is. I saw this idea on MUA, and since I'm not going to pay big bucks for the holo version of My Private Jet, I think this is plenty close enough. I named it Black No. 1.

Wow, that is a terrible bottle photo. If you click for the bigger version, it's better but not great. Anyway, here it is on.


Basecoat: OPI Ridge Filler (2 coats)
Color: Franken - Black No. 1 (3 coats)

Because this is a holo I didn't use topcoat. To make this, I took a full bottle of OPI DS Shimmer and poured in some Wet N Wild Black Creme. I don't know exactly how much I used, I just stopped when I couldn't get any more in the bottle and shook it up like crazy. I slapped it on and thought it wasn't dark enough, so I took it off and used the new empty space in the DS Shimmer bottle to add more WnW. Shook it up like crazy, swatched it again, and decided that was good. If I had to estimate I would say I used maybe a tenth to an eighth of the Black Creme - I mean, I can't even see a drop in the bottle level.

Because Black Creme is crazy pigmented, cleanup kind of sucked for this franken. Still, I absolutely love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment