Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sally Hansen - Spark and Milani - Totally Cool

I was trying to decide what to wear today and was swatching about twelve different polishes. Spark looked interesting but kind of dull, so I put a coat of Totally Cool (and Totally Sheer) on top. I decided to wear this as a full mani.
Spark is super opaque and super runny. The only way I could think of that this polish could have any worse of a cleanup is if it was a glitterbomb, too. Total smurf fingers.
Spark is a deep blue base with subtle purple shimmer. It actually reminds me of Confetti Smitten, though I haven't worn that as a full manicure yet. I found Spark in a clearance basket quite a while ago. I have to admit, it looks better and more interesting in the bottle than on the nail. This is two coats. I probably could have gotten away with one if I had been prepared for its consistency.

Basecoat: Gelous (2 coats, and I bet I'm still going to have staining)
Color: Sally Hansen Spark (2 coats)
Color: Milani Totally Cool (2 coats)
Topcoat: David (1 coat)

In the bottle, Totally Cool has a neat multichrome/almost holo effect. In one of the photos I took there's actually a green flash in the bottle. Totally Cool had a MUCH better application than Spark. I might have to try Totally Cool under a brighter purple or even a berry next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment