Sunday, September 12, 2010

LA Colors - Nuclear Energy and Touch-up Paint Tourmaline

I wore this Friday and Saturday.

Tourmaline is one of the oldest polishes in my stash.  I am pretty sure I bought it at the front counter of Sally's years ago.  My bottle is about halfway full now.  When I was swatching Misa Embroidered Emerald it reminded me of Tourmaline, so I felt like wearing it.  I am trying to conserve it, so I wore it over a purple untried.

LA Colors Nuclear Energy is a purple jelly.
Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats)
Color:  LA Colors Nuclear Energy (3 coats)

I didn't use a topcoat here and I wasn't too careful about my application, since I already knew I was wearing something over it.  This is a really pretty purple jelly.  I think I would wear it again on its own.  Application was decent - it was on the thin side, but I didn't have any problems with runniness.

Here is my sad bottle of Tourmaline.  It is a purple/green duochrome shimmer, and the duochrome is extremely strong.  I can remember wearing this on its own but it took a lot of coats.  Using a purple underneath this made it lean a lot more purple at a glance, too.
This is two coats of Tourmaline and one coat of David topcoat on top of Nuclear Energy.

How gorgeous is this?  It made me happy every time I looked at it.

Also, if you think you saw this on the MUA nail board, you did - I posted this there last week.

I'm working on a couple of scheduled posts - even though I'll have several opportunities to change my polish this week, I think spacing out posts will help me during the weeks I don't have time to change it - there should still be new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment