Saturday, September 18, 2010

Color Club - Age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius is a turquoise jelly. 

I had a hard time color-correcting this polish both in the bottle and on the hand.  This is a little brighter than it is in real life, but all my bottle photos came out looking dusty blue.
Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (2 coats)
Color:  Color Club Age of Aquarius (4 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)

Application was pretty typical for a jelly.  I felt like three coats was too sheer, so I went with four.  I still have VNL in real life and in photos, but it's not as bad.  One thing I didn't like is that this does not self-level at ALL, not even to the extent that most jellies do.  So, even though my bottle of Seche is thick almost beyond repair I used it anyway - I love the David topcoat but it doesn't level quite as well as Seche.  Sure enough, the next day I had shrinkage at the tip and the cuticle.

Cleanup was about average - blues and greens stain my skin a little so it could have been better, but nothing I wasn't expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment