Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nubar - Gem

Nubar Gem is kind of an odd duck.  It's a holo glitter like Prize, but the base color... I think I would have to describe it as frosty greige.  It's not quite purple, and not quite beige.  I say a lot that I have a hard time capturing certain polishes on camera, but that was nothing compared to the problems I had with this one.


Basecoat:  Nubar Foundation (1 coat)
Color:  Nubar Gem (3.5 coats)
Topcoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Topcoat:  Nubar Diamont (1 coat)





The third photo is probably the most accurate color for the base of Gem, but only the bottle part, not really the polish on my nails.

Application was okay for this - very similar to Prize.  Because it's less vivid of a base color, I felt like it was easier to control and clean up - that, or it was just less noticeable.

I did do the Gelous thing before using Diamont.  This polish looks MUCH grittier in photos, but it is totally smooth in real life.  The holo is much stronger, too, but it's overcast today and I had a hard time getting decent light.  Even the last photo, under desk light, doesn't show it as much.

Still, this is a really nice polish, and I'm still intrigued by the base color - would I wear this without the glitter?  Who knows?  It seems like it might be brush-stroke-y without the glitter, but I can't really tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment