Sunday, October 9, 2011

Maybelline - Cool Couture

Cool Couture is a medium grey polish with awesome teal shimmer in it.  It's a limited edition and frankly I thought I'd never get my hands on it (I've never even seen the Wet N Wild Halloween display, much less the polishes in it).  However, I was at a random Albertson's the other night and came across not only Cool Couture, but Purple Trend (from the same collection), Sally Hansen Pumpkin Spice, *and* the Halloween SH polish strips!  I'll definitely have to keep this place in mind when I'm looking for something.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  Maybelline Cool Couture (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)





Click to embiggen and be amazed by the teal shimmer!  So pretty!  I swear I can occasionally catch a purple shimmer, too, like it's a duochrome, but..... I applied this literally, the last thing I did before I went to bed, so I was using a different light than normal, and I was NEVER able to catch that purple again.

That said - I applied this last thing before I went to bed, so I might have actually been able to stop at two coats, but again - different lighting, so I went with three.  I'm frankly shocked I had no major issues, either, just some minor tipwear because I took photos the afternoon after.

The three last photos look different because I had to use my desk light - it's been one of those annoying days where it's mostly cloudy but occasionally the sun shines brilliantly and disappears just as I get to the window with my camera.

You need this polish.  Grab it if you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment