Sunday, October 23, 2011

Illamasqua - Baptiste

Illamasqua Baptiste is a purple with shimmer that leans red.  It's the first Illamasqua I've tried, though I also own Rampage (dark green jelly).  These have both been sitting in my untrieds for a while.

Basecoat:  Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color:  Illamasqua Baptiste (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)




How gorgeous is this?   Baptiste applied near-flawlessly.  The only thing I didn't like was the stupid huge square bottle cap - I would have liked it to come off and leave a functional top, like Chanels and Butter Londons do.

Anyway I tried hard not to get this in my cuticles - as you can see I did anyway.  It wasn't too bad to clean up, though obviously once it gets all in your cuticles good luck cleaning it up.

I really like the red shimmer in this polish, and I also love that even though it's a really dark purple it never looks black like other polishes (Hello NARS Midnight Express!).

No comments:

Post a Comment