Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Color Club - Lumin-icecent and OPI - Simmer & Shimmer

I picked up the Foiled collection at my Ross a week or so ago, but I didn't really want to wear them alone - foils are pretty unforgiving to ridges and imperfections.  I looked through my untried glitters and pulled out Simmer and Shimmer.

Basecoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Color:  Color Club Lumin-icecent (2 coats)
Color:  OPI Simmer & Shimmer (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Topcoat:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (1 coat)







Lumin-icecent (forget it, I'm not typing that stupid name anymore) is an icy blue metallic.  It's so icy it almost looks gunmetal in indoor light.  Anyway, it was awesomely opaque and I didn't really have any problems with application - it didn't streak or drag.  I don't usually like foils but I might end up wearing these alone, though I bought them with the intention to use them as stamping polishes.  It was your typical foil cleanup, though - tons of sparkle where it's not wanted.

Simmer and Shimmer is a multicolored glitter that is mostly pale blue.  It also has some silver and magenta glitters in it.   All the OPI glitters apply about the same, so I'm not going to really talk about that other than to say again that I really hate the ProWide brush and I got glitter everywhere on my smaller nails.

These glitters more or less killed my lemmings for the Muppets collection - I swear I still have at least three more of the Burlesque glitters sitting in my untried drawers.  I figured if I hadn't worn these I probably was going to take just as long if not longer to wear those, too.

1 comment: