Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tres Risk - Reddy to Go and OPI - Man of La Mancha

Man of La Mancha has been in my untrieds for probably close to a year.  I picked it up at a nail supply place while I was looking for La Boheme (yeah, right - I'm never gonna see that in person).  I knew just form the bottle that I was going to need "underwear", so I pulled out Reddy to Go.  Tres Risk is a brand I have only ever seen at Ross, and only in a multi pack.  I also only remember seeing it once, ever, in the same visit I picked up this set.

Reddy to Go is a red jelly.  It's fairly opaque for a jelly, but it looks nice and squishy on.

Three coats.  Application was very nice for an unknown brand.  Very nice pigmentation, too, which unfortunately means you'll get some staining if you're not careful.  This is with NO top coat.  Any weird lines in the polish are reflections of the blinds - it's THAT glossy.


Man of La Mancha is a multichrome red.  It shows orange, gold, and even some green.


Basecoat:  NailTek Foundation II (1 coat)
Color:  Tres Risk Reddy to Go (3 coats)
Color:  OPI Man of La Mancha (2 coats)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)




The middle photo shows a hint of green in the bottle.  I could not get it on captured on my nails to save y life.

Man of La Mancha is a black label OPI - old, smelly, full of chemical goodness, and runny.  It was very hard to control and I had a lot of cleanup to do.

Next time I might choose a more orange-leaning base color to wear under this.  I hate when my "underwear" peeks out and Reddy to Go is just dark enough that I had to slop MoLM around a little to cover all the edges.

1 comment:

  1. tres risk is a very sexy color,,, i hope i can find similar color like that one,

    ReplyDelete