Sunday, July 24, 2011

Milani - Purple Nail Art

Today I have an old untried in my stash.  Before Megan Chair stopped blogging, she posted a full mani done with the purple glitter Milani nail art polish.  As soon as I saw it I went out and bought two of these (okay, I bought one - it took me a couple of weeks to hunt down a second) and decanted them both.  I have no idea why it's taken me this long to wear them but when I saw Scrangie's recent post featuring this polish, it reminded me I had it.


Basecoat:  NailTek Foundation II (new bottle, yay!)
Color:  Milani Purple Nail Art (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Gelous (1 coat)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)




This is a pretty purple jelly PACKED with blue, pink, and purple glitter.  It looks like a lighter, glitterier China Glaze "Flying Dragon".  I own both but I'm not going to compare them.

Application was not too bad.  This polish is pretty thick so it was easy to control where it went, but when I messed up it took a while to clean up.  I actually took this photo the day after I applied it, because I had to resort to picking off the excess polish/glitter.

You really need to wear a topcoat with this.  It dries semi-matte, but it feels like very rough sandpaper when dry.  Much rougher than typical glitter polish.  I used the Gelous/Seche topcoat trick and I probably could have used another coat of Seche.  This polish "ate" topcoat - the night I applied it it was almost perfectly smooth, but when I woke up the next morning, it was all bumpy.

I imagine this would be a pain to remove.  I actually picked this off (as I do with almost every polish, sigh) so... yeah.  You'll probably want to use the foil method to remove this.

1 comment: