Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heaven - Sunshine and Misa - Endless Keys

When we moved into our new house, we had no idea where any grocery stores were, or what was the most convenient one.  We checked out an Albertson's nearby, and I came across a display of Heaven polish.  I've never heard of this brand, and I don't think I've ever seen this brand reviewed on any of the blogs I follow.  Most of the colors were kind of meh, frankly, but they had a few neons, so I took a closer look.  When I looked at the bottom of the bottle I saw that this brand is made by Blue Cross (maker of the Liquid Euphoria and Touch-Up Paint brands), so I threw a few in my cart.


Sunshine is a neon orangish-yellow.  The bottle alone really freaked out my camera - it is a tad more orange in real life.  I would say it's pretty similar to China Glaze Sun Worshipper, but I'm not going to compare them.  I actually wore this on its own before I started posting again, and when I was looking at my untried Misas I decided this would work as underwear.


This is two coats, over one coat of Insta-Dri Whirlwind White.  This photo was taken with no flash, and the color is more accurate here.  If I was going to wear this on its own I would definitely add a third coat, but then if I was going to wear it alone I would have cared more about my sloppy white coat underneath, too :)  You can see I have a little bit of dragging and a couple of bare spots.


Here's a closer look at my application.  This polish does not self level, at ALL.  Like most neons, it doesn't dry glossy, so you will probably want to use a topcoat.


This is Misa "Endless Keys".  It is part of the summer collection, and so far all of them seem to be sheer-ish than I like.  Endless Keys is a little more muted in real life, even in the bottle.


Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Instant Artificials (1 coat)
Color:  Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White (1 coat)
Color:  Heaven Sunshine (2 coats)
Color:  Misa Endless Keys (3 coats)
Topcoat:  Seche Vite (1 coat)

Lots of coats here!


Amazingly, I didn't have any shrinkage with this many coats.  Endless Keys had the usual great Misa application - smooth, not too runny, easy to control and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment