Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Today I have some nail art that actually went as planned.

A couple of days ago someone posted a mani on the nailboard (that's since been poofed, or I would have linked it).  I thought, "Hey, I might actually be able to do that!"  Historically, I am terrible at nail art, but this one actually came out almost exactly as I wanted!


These are all the polishes I used to create this.  From left to right:

Wet N Wild French White Creme
China Glaze Frosty
Love My Nails Glory
Red glitter nail art striper
China Glaze Dorothy Who?
Kleancolor Silver Star

Here's the finished mani:


And here is my thumb:



Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color: WnW French White Creme (3 coats)
Color:  China Glaze Frosty (2 coats - I debated 3 but the second coat didn't really seem to add a whole lot)
Topcoat (everything but thumbs):  Love My Nails Glory (however much dabbing and fishing out to get a decent coverage and at least one star per nail)
Topcoat:  David (2 coats)

On my thumbs I did the same thing except that I used the striper to paint three diagonal red lines, and then filled in the corner with Dorothy Who?  I fished stars out of the Kleancolor, mostly because Glory doesn't really have that many stars in it that I felt like it could spare eight, and because the Kleancolor stars are holo.  I followed this with one coat of David.

This is really thick and I'm sure it's not going to last a horribly long time, but I really just need it to last tonight, and then it's all good.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment