Saturday, January 28, 2012

Models Own - Aqua Violet

I caved and ordered the entire Beetle Juice collection when it was on sale. This was my first experience with Models Own. It took over a month to arrive - it was so long that I scoured other nail blogs to see how long theirs had taken to arrive.  I got the impression that bigger blogs got faster shipping, which frankly turns me off of ordering from Models Own again. 

Anyway, Aqua Violet is pretty much just what it says - an aqua/violet duochrome.  It was pretty sheer on my nail wheel swatch, so I layered it over Wet N Wild Black Creme.


Basecoat:  NailTek Foundation II (1 coat)
Color:  Wet N Wild Black Creme (1.5 coats)
Color:  Models Own Aqua Violet (2 coats)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)


I took a ton of photos trying to capture the purple here, but I couldn't do it.  I'll try again later in the day or I might try at night to see if that helps.

Anyway, the application was pretty good - it was a little bit soupy but not too bad at all.  I do have a little bit of bubbling that's not visible in the photos (and hardly visible in real life), but I'm not sure I blame the polish - I know I applied with too much polish on my brush a couple of times.  This polish is a little bit brush-stroke-y but not enough to really bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment