Tuesday, November 8, 2011

China Glaze - Ingrid

Ingrid is a medium brown with warm golden-brown shimmer.  This has been untried for a while but I didn't buy it when it launched - at first I thought, "no way, that color is going to look awful on me" and then I saw everyone's gorgeous swatches and bought it.

Basecoat:  China Glaze Ridge Filler (1 coat)
Color:  China Glaze Ingrid (1 coat)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)



I should have listened to that little voice.  This is a lovely polish, but oh I seriously HATE this color on me.  It looks awful on me.  It's not Ingrid's fault - she's gorgeous - I just think something about my skin tone and the tones in this polish do not work.  At all.  I'll probably give this to my mom - it will look great on her since she isn't Latina like me.

That said, this had the usual China Glaze awesome application, and cleanup was simple.  I really wish I didn't hate this so much on me, but y'all, this isn't even a "try it without a tan".

2 comments:

  1. I had the same reaction to it:[ i wish i liked it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like this one! Rarely do I see browns that actually look brown. This is pretty!

    ReplyDelete