Monday, December 19, 2011

Missha - JBL01

Today I have a new-to-me brand to show you:  Missha.  This is a Korean brand.  I bought this color and one other from eBay.  JBL01 is a beautiful dark blue and green glass fleck.  I only have crappy inside photos - it is currently pouring down rain outside.


Basecoat:  Salon Sciences Instant Artificials (1 coat)
Color:  Missha JBL01 (2 coats!!)
Topcoat:  David (1 coat)



This is a GORGEOUS polish.  These photos don't even remotely do this polish justice.  It has both blue and green glass flecks in it, which makes it look almost like a duochrome in low light.  I only needed two coats for full opacity.  Cleanup was a real bitch, though, for a couple of reasons.


First, this is the bottle from the top down.  Yes, the whole cap is shaped like this.  It is a little awkward to hold at first, but there's a specific position that feels more comfortable to hold.  This alone wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the second issue:



This is the fattest brush I have ever used.  The Missha brush is the darker blue, the other one is a Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.  The Missha brush is wide, flat, and square.  At least with Insta-Dri brush the edges are curved, so you can learn to get along with it.  But because you can only really comfortably hold the Missha cap in one position, it's very hard to not get polish everywhere - which is exactly what I did.

I am not sure I have anything even close to this polish in my collection - I am glad I bought it!

I have one more Missha polish coming up, and one Skin Food polish.  I also bought all of the Guppy Sanding Fruit Extract polishes (one broke in transit) - I like them much more than I thought even though they smell terrible.  Those will also be coming up eventually.

1 comment: