Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Confetti - Moonstruck

Moonstruck is supposedly a dupe for China Glaze Channelesque, but I don't own Channelesque so your guess is as good as mine :) I own a few Confetti polishes but this is the first one I've tried.
CVS, I *really* hate your stupid stickers that leave a HUGE mess when I try to take them off. Anyway, Moonstruck is a mushroomy-taupey creme. I skittled this in my earlier post of nude-ish skittles and this was the one I kept as "untried" to wear later.
Basecoat: Salon Sciences Fiberglass Network (1 coat)
Color: Confetti Moonstruck (3 coats)
Topcoat: David (1 coat)

Application was pretty good, even though this polish is a little thin. Next time I would either use four coats or use a different basecoat. Fiberglass Network doesn't dry totally smooth, and at three coats the texture was still visible, but topcoat made it almost perfect. Since I am doing my first holiday nails of the season tomorrow night in preparation for a Dallas Symphony Orchestra performance I'm going to the night after that, I don't really care that this mani doesn't look perfect. I don't have to go to the office for any meetings, so this is really to have some polish on, and to look decent if I need to run to the store or something.

Cleanup was super easy, thanks to the thin consistency and light color. I had a little bit of trouble with cuticle pooling but it really wasn't bad.

I still think this color gives me a little bit of lobster hands but it was by far the best of the polishes I tried earlier, so it gets to stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment